When you read or hear a travel destination to be a hidden paradise, you tend to over shoot your expectation.
And yet, Tinipak River was indeed one.
Getting there is a bit of a challenge – but it was all worth it. Once you’re there, every sweat, every heat, every breathe is not wasted upon seeing the majestic Tinipak (Carved Rocks) river. With its pristine, clear water and virgin river banks, it definitely is a Hidden Gem.
SO MANY FIRST to cross out from my list:
First time to River trek
First time to Cliff Dive/Jump
First time Spelunking! at Tungtong Cave
First time to see Limestone, Stalagmites, Stalactites
First time to camp at a River Bank
DON’T JUST LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY, GO SEE!
How to Get there,
We got some IT online for instance this one:
Overnight: Tinipak river-cave + Light pack Summit assault via Lilindigan Trail
MT. DARAITAN / TINIPAK RIVER-CAVE
Tanay, Rizal / Gen. Nakar, Quezon
Major jump-off: Brgy. Daraitan Tanay, Rizal
Estimated days and hours to explore: 1-2 days / Summit: 3-4 hrs, Tinipak river-cave: 2-3 hrs
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 3/9, Trail class 3-4
Features: community, river, rock formations, cave, tropical forest, fauna and flora, scenic views, exploratory
Article History: Created July 09, 2013
5AM ETD to Tanay Market from Shaw Blvd via Private Transportation
6:30 AM ETA Tanay Market / Buy Supplies
7:00AM Take Tricycle or Jeep rent to Daraitan
7:30AM ETA Daraitan / Boat Ride / Take Tricycle to Brgy. Hall
7:50AM ETA Brgy. Daraitan / Register and Get Guide / Proceed to jump-off point
8:00AM Start Trek (Mail Trail)
8:40AM Tinipak Creek-Cottage-River / continue trekking via main trail
08:50AM ETA Boundary to Bagbagan Trail / continue trekking via main trail
09:00AM ETA Trail head of Lilindigan / continue trekking via main trail
09:45AM ETA Cemented stair
10:00AM ETA Cablao Elementary School
12:00PM ETA Trail Fork to Summit (Right Trail for Bato Peak 1) and (Left for Bato Peak 2) / Lunch /
01:30PM Start descent
3:00PM Back to Main Trail
03:30PM ETA Tinipak Cottage-River / rest / set camp / socials / swimming whatever
06:00 AM Wake up call / Eat breakfast
08:00 AM Start taking rock boulders to cross the river to get to Tinipak Cave
9:30 AM ETA Tinipak cave / swimming and cave exploration
03:00 PM Go back to cottage /camp
04:30 PM Break camp
05:00PM head back to Jump off
06:00PM Jump-off / Rest and wash / Take Tricycle to Brgy. Hall / Log out / Proceed for boat ride
07:00PM ETD to Tanay Market
08:30PM ETD to Shaw Blvd
10:30PM ETA Shaw Blvd
1. From Starmall FX/van Terminal, Shaw Boulevard, ride a van bound to Tanay, Rizal for 70Php. The van stops at the Tanay Public Market. Travel time is about 1.5 – 2 hours.
**WE MUST LEAVE EARLY TO CATCH THE 1ST TRIP OR ELSE WE’LL LEAVE AT 1PM**
2. At Tanay Public Market, hire a tricycle going to Brgy. Daraitan which can accommodate 4 pax. 100Php each. Some driver asks 500Php. Haggle! Travel time is about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Upon reaching the junction to Daraitan, expect a 30-40 minutes major rough road. Oh well, curse those people behind the PORK BARREL SCAM! Haha.
In addition, the association of tricycle drivers in Daraitan do not permit tricycles from Tanay to wait for their passengers while having a tour, hence you can’t rent them for a round trip.
3. Reaching the Bgry. Daraitan, you need to ride a boat just to cross a 10 meters wide river for 5Php.
4. On the other side which is the Brgy. Daritan proper, ride a tricycle going to Brgy. Hall to register. Tricycle ride cost 10Php per head and registration fee is 20Php. Here, you will have your tour guide. I would like to thank Kuya Russel, our tour guide for accompanying us.
5. Going back to Tanay Market, ride a tricycle again for 100Php each. Jeepney is available what until 1:00PM only as far as I remember. So if you didn’t catch the Jeepney, ride a tricycle instead.
We did not follow all the IT, Once we arrived at Tanay public market, we roam the place, got supplies. Tricycle drivers are teeming there offering service from and to Brgy Daraitan Drop off. We did not climb Mt. Daraitan because we enjoyed the river and the cave. WE SHALL RETURN SOON for the SUMMIT ASSAULT.
We got one driver who insisted on staying overnight and waited for us the next day (Sunday) to return to Tanay Public Market.
70 pesos Van from Starmall to Tanay
100 pesos each for tricycle going to Brgy. Hall of Daraitan
500 pesos for the whole tricycle ( going back to Tanay Market ) fixed amount
30 pesos per tricycle for the Sticker ( optional, voluntary ) on the “toll gate” of Brgy. Daraitan
500 per group for a tour guide ( day hike ) / 750 for overnight
This was one memorable river trekking. – date of trek April 26-27 2014